No Stress Extractions for Park City
Why Choose Park City Dentistry for Tooth Extractions?
- Sedation Dentistry Helps Calm Dental Nerves
- Same-Day Appointments Available for Emergencies
- Highly-Trained & Experienced Team
Despite what you make have seen in movies or on TV, real-life dentists actually don’t like removing teeth. In fact, Dr. Calderwood’s primary goal with every patient is to help them keep their natural smile for as long as possible. Only if a tooth is damaged beyond repair will we recommend it be extracted. To ensure a comfortable procedure, he always uses local anesthetic, and sedation dentistry is available as well. Thanks to this, most patients basically feel nothing during the treatment.
Why Someone Might Need a Tooth Extraction
Dr. Calderwood will only recommend a tooth extraction if:
- One of the teeth is so decayed that it cannot be repaired
- Physical trauma has rendered the enamel unable to support a restoration
- Advanced gum disease has weakened the bone needed to support a tooth
- More room is needed for a new denture
- A baby tooth is blocking the path of an erupting adult tooth
- The wisdom teeth have become impacted or are causing pain