Repairing the Strength & Function of Your Smile
Why Choose Park City Dentistry For Dental Crowns?
- Same-Day Dental Crowns Available
- Customized Restorations For Each Patients
- Using the Latest Dental Technology
Many patients worry when they hear that they need a dental crown in Park City. Even if you’re diligent about maintaining your oral health, accidents can happen that leave teeth damaged and in need of repair. With our high-quality dental restorations, our team is able to restore the health and function of your smile without drawing attention to your damage teeth. We use natural-looking materials and the latest dental technology, such as CEREC, to make sure that your crown fits comfortable, is durable, and can withstand daily use without wearing down. If you feel like you could benefit from this treatment, contact our office today to schedule a consultation!
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are custom-fitted cap-like restorations that are made to fit over the visible, biting surface of your tooth to provide it with extra protection and strength. They can be made from a variety of materials; however, most patients prefer to have them crafted from natural and customizable ones that blend in with their smile.
We use precious metal, porcelain pressed (or fused) to metal and all-porcelain crowns. To maintain a fully white smile, we recommend all-ceramic crowns. Our precise color-matching system allows us to find the right shade of porcelain to blend with your natural tooth color. Porcelain crowns are also extremely durable and long-lasting, and these benefits make them popular with dentists as well as patients.
What are Dental Crowns Used For?
Dental crowns can be used to treat a variety of oral issues. We often suggest these restorations if patients are suffering from some of these common problems:
- Severe dental decay that can’t be remedied with a filling.
- Forced trauma that has severely broken or cracked a tooth.
- To cover a tooth that has been treated with root canal therapy.
- To secure a fixed bridge in place to replace missing teeth.
Once we examine your mouth and X-rays, we will be able to discuss possible treatment options with you and their benefits.
The Process of Getting a Crown
In most cases, your dentist in Park City, Dr. Calderwood, uses the latest CEREC dental technology to complete the crown process in a single appointment. This means that you won’t have to take time out of your busy schedule to visit our office twice. The procedure can be broken down into a few primary steps:
- We’ll prepare your tooth so the dental crown can comfortably fit over it and protect it.
- We’ll take impressions of your tooth to craft your crown using our CEREC technology.
- We’ll permanently place your crown onto your damaged tooth and make any final adjustments.
After the procedure is completed, our team will provide you with aftercare instructions and some basic tips to help extend the lifespan of your restoration. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us!